At the end of the course the student must learn:
- essential notions of the science of representation.
- methods for observing the physical space of architecture and the environment, and methods for analyzing visual messages.
- methods of critical analysis and expressive synthesis of architecture and its context.
- geometric analysis of vaulted structures and elements of classical architectural orders.
- theory of form and possible aggregations of elementary forms in plane and space, theory of color.
- basic principles of graphic analysis of architectural space and methods for visualizing mental images.
At the end of the course the student must know:
- draw shapes and proportions from the site.
- perform freehand sketches, with the ability to develop imagination and associations of shapes inspired by architecture and environment as a support for design process.
- represent architectural space, applying methods and procedures of the science of representation both freehand and with technical drawing tools.
- carry out observing measurements of simple elements or architectural details with appropriate graphic elaborations of metric scale representation (plants, sections, axonometric views).
- create simple models with various materials and processing techniques.
- correctly represent the project at different scales, including overall and detailed elaborations, adopting relative national and international conventions.
- construct adequate data communication systems relating to architecture and environment, such as the composition of poster and the management of relative two-dimensional space.
- create simple multimedia products aimed at presenting existing and/or designed architectures and design objects.
- use the theoretical and applicative foundations of digital drawing.
Informative material of Course
Themes developed by the Course
- a.a. 2011/2012 – Landscape: Camaldoli and Pavia – Historic Center: Pavia and Voghera
- a.a. 2012/2013 – Tivoli Memories – Following Artist’s Masterpieces
- a.a. 2013/2014 – La Verna Hermitage – Following Artist’s Masterpieces
- a.a. 2014/2015 – Imaginary Cities
- a.a. 2015/2016 – Interior Design Project “Lights and chairs”
- a.a. 2016/2017 – Oltrepò Pavese Landscape
- a.a. 2017/2018 – Pavia’s historical buildings and gardens – Following Artist’s Masterpieces
- a.a. 2018/2019 – Following Artist’s Masterpieces
- a.a. 2019/2020 – Film narrative and spatial analysis
- a.a. 2020/2021 – The representation of personal home