Structural Survey and Risk management
The theme of structural documentation has the objective of preparing a study on the systems of analysis and interpretation of phenomena that exist in the definition of components characterizing architectural and urban scale, highlighting the need for policies of safeguard and protection of heritage. Earthquakes and natural disasters in Italy are sensitizing public opinion and administrations towards the value of architectural complexes and historical centers and the absence of adequate documentation systems that allow restoration or reconstruction interventions, in particular following phenomena of collapse.
Within national safeguard lines, research deals with metric documentation, diagnostic investigation and virtual reconstruction through the use of digital instruments and innovative technologies, experimenting interactive 3D models of representation of the complex space. The extraction of information, anchored to billions of points oriented in space, allows the preparation of projects for the development of monitoring protocols and intervention on building complexes, with the drafting of excellent supporting documents for more aware and less invasive actions.
- Diagnostic evaluation, with systematic identification of active collapse phenomena in buildings.
- Mapping and critical analysis of out-of-plane overturning phenomena, through elevation map and comparison between 3D modeling surfaces.
- Evaluation of structural failures, of seismic nature or constructive weakness, and of generated kinematisms.
- Monitoring, diagnostics and management of data acquired through representation systems.
- Identification and mapping of deformation frames, and connection to corresponding kinematic phenomena, with the reconstruction of causes of genesis and the evaluation of possibilities of intervention and rehabilitation.
- Mapping and monitoring of the evolution of crisis phenomena.